Reagan

Reagan

3 monkeys

3 monkeys

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Summer Fun!

Boy has it been an eventful couple of weeks! My Aunt had her grandkids for a week and the cousins went wild!! It was so much fun! We went swimming at BLORA which is a place on post that is part of Belton Lake, (we went there to see the Christmas lights and it took us 4 hours to get through) but I didn't know that it's all free for us in the military. They have paddle boats and a water slide and an area sectioned off for swimming. I was impressed. They had a car wash for little kids who were not tall enough for the slide, it was neat. But onto the water slide, Devon and Breeann went about 10 times and then finally Sfrona wanted to go. Well I was hoping she wasn't tall enough but who am I kidding! LOL She was determined to do it, so we CLIMB a million steps to get there and she is so happy and I find out I can't go down the slide with her, so I'm panicking! She still wants to go, so the lifeguard blew his whistle to let the other lifeguard know a small child is coming down. Well Sfrona gets halfway down and he tells me to go ahead and go, I said not until I see my baby safely on the side of the pool, and of course everyone is laughing! Finally I see her and I go down, when I get out of the pool she says I want to go again mama! OH MY GOSH! We headed for the million staircase and up we went. This time she knows what is going to happen and she starts to say no mama and the line is so long, so I tell her to get up and we'll go back down the stairs and swim, then she started yelling louder NO Mama I want to slide, she really couldn't make up her mind, she ended up going down and when I got to the bottom I was praying please let her say she was done, because I did not want to go up those stairs again! She was done and we went back swimming, the next day my legs hurt so bad! LOL

Then we went to a carnival a few days later and we had a fairly good time, we were not there 10 mins and my Aunt steps off the curb and breaks a bone in her ankle! She had just gotten a new job and knew they were going to fire her, but they didn't, they let her work and we are so thankful for that! Here are some pics of both events!

1 comment:

Darla said...

The story of Sfrona and the slide was so us a couple of weeks ago. She is getting so big and brave. Looks like she loved the water place.

Sorry to hear about your sweet aunt. I hope she is better now.